Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wood Working

I would like to have a wood shop, and this requires expensive tools and building that has eluded me so far.  Also, my life course led me to the construction trades of plastering and tile setting.  These trades involved gypsum and cement mortar, not wood. As a consequence, my experience and knowledge is lacking in the wood trades.  I will remedy that shortfall.

My grandfather made furniture for his own home, in his shop out in his garage. He taught me how to use his various tools safely, and had faith in me to keep all my fingers attached to my hands. So, as a young boy I could go out to the shop and make various items, to keep my self amused.
My father also was expert in fine woodcraft, making all manner of clocks, trophies, and furniture.  I still have many of the items they made dating back to the early 1930's.


So, I also want to have a wood shop, to learn the trade well and make fine furniture and custom horse drawn carriages and wagons.  That would be so much fun.

Someday .....

2 comments: